- Cooking Time: 30
- Servings: 2
- Preparation Time: 15
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 1/4 heaping teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup uncooked rice
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken, and sauté 4-5 minutes, turning once.
- Combine fruit juices in a large bowl. Stir together cornstarch and 1 tablespoon juice mixture until smooth; set aside.
- Stir soy sauce and next 6 ingredients into remaining juice mixture; pour over chicken. Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes, turning chicken after 10 minutes.
- Prepare rice according to package directions. Keep warm.
- Uncover chicken, and stir in cornstarch mixture. Cook, stirring constantly, 5 minutes or until sauce thickens.
- Spoon rice onto a serving platter, top with chicken and sauce. Sprinkle with green onions.
NotesAdapted from a recipe from the Southern Living Cook Off
Cupcake Wars Winning Blueberry Pancake Cupcake Recipe
The Italian ExchangeSee More
Dark Molten Chocolate Cakes
Shrimp and Penne Pasta Salad with Pesto, Bocconcini and Cherry Tomatoes
Turkey and Heirloom Tomato Frittata with BasilSee More