- Cooking Time: 30
- Servings: 2
- Preparation Time: 15
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 1/4 heaping teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup uncooked rice
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken, and sauté 4-5 minutes, turning once.
- Combine fruit juices in a large bowl. Stir together cornstarch and 1 tablespoon juice mixture until smooth; set aside.
- Stir soy sauce and next 6 ingredients into remaining juice mixture; pour over chicken. Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes, turning chicken after 10 minutes.
- Prepare rice according to package directions. Keep warm.
- Uncover chicken, and stir in cornstarch mixture. Cook, stirring constantly, 5 minutes or until sauce thickens.
- Spoon rice onto a serving platter, top with chicken and sauce. Sprinkle with green onions.
NotesAdapted from a recipe from the Southern Living Cook Off
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for Lunch
Cooking On The Weekends - For The Love of Food!
Taste of CenturyLinkSee More
Surprise Birthday Cake
Citrus Pork Roast
Paula's Pecan ChickenSee More