- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1 egg
- 1 Tbs grated orange zest
- 1/4 tsp orange oil
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Then you:
- 1. Preheat your oven to 350 and line a pan with cupcake liners.
- 2. In a small bowl, mix together flour, baking powder and salt.
- 3. In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, beat together butter and sugar until well combined. Add egg, beating well. Mix in orange zest and orange oil.
- 4. Alternately mix in flour mixture and milk,beat until smooth.
- 5. Fold in chocolate chips.
- 6. Scoop batter into pans, filling 2/3 full. Bake 20-25 minutes or until tops spring back when lightly touched. Cool on a rack and frost.
- There really isn’t a recipe for the buttercream I used. I had some left over vanilla buttercream in my freezer, to which I added some cocoa powder and orange oil. You could use the chocolate buttercream recipe in the frostings and fillings section and add orange oil to taste. These would also be good with an orange flavored cream cheese frosting.
NotesStolen from Bake & Destroy!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Simple Homemade Favorites
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 1 Mains and Appetisers
Happy Father's Day Day... Your Favorite RecipesSee More
pistachio cranberry icebox cookies
Teeny Tiny Italian Meat-loaves
Mom's Holiday Stove Top StuffingSee More