ORANGE CREAM CHEESECAKE
- Servings: 10-12
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1 pkg. (3 oz.) orange gelatin
- 3 pkg. (8 oz. each) regular cream cheese (no substitutions), softened
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 1 can (5 oz.) evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/3 cup orange concentrate
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 carton (8 oz.) Cool Whip (no substitutions), thawed
- 2 cups Cool Whip, thawed
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Garnish: (optional)
- lemon slices
- orange peel strips
- lemon balm
Combine the cracker crumbs, cinnamon, orange peel and butter. Press onto the bottom of a greased 10-in.** springform pan. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
Prepare gelatin according to package directions. Set aside 1/2 cup at room temperature. Chill remaining gelatin until slightly thickened, about 80 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar for 2 minutes. Gradually beat in milk and lemon juice. Beat on medium-high speed 2 minutes longer. Gradually beat in orange juice concentrate, vanilla and room temperature gelatin. Fold in Cool Whip. Pour over prepared crust.
In a mixing bowl, beat 2 cups Cool Whip and 1/4 cup sugar. Beat in refrigerated gelatin (mixture will be thin). Chill for 30 minutes. Gently spoon over filling (pan will be full). Refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight. Garnish if desired.