- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 48
- Preparation Time: 20+chilling
BackstoryThis tasty dessert is perfect for a summer time barbecue. It makes a big batch and everyone will love its bold orange taste and cool smooth texture. Very easy to make, you could always have one on hand.
- 4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 3/4 cups sugar
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 3-1/2 quarts vanilla ice cream, softened
- 2 cans (12 ounces each) frozen orange juice concentrate,thawed
- In a bowl, combine cracker crumbs and sugar; stir in butter. Set aside 2 cups for topping. Press remaining crumb mixture into two greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. pans. Cover and freeze for at least 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine ice cream and orange juice concentrate until smooth. Spoon over crusts (pans will be full).Freeze for 10 minutes or until partially firm.
- Sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture; gently press down. Cover and freeze for up to 2 months. Remove from the freezer 15 minutes before serving. Yield: 2 desserts (24 serving each)
- See more good recipes on: www.havefunbaking.com
- And also at: www.lovetobakeandcook.blogspot.com