- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2/3 c unsalted butter
- 3/4 c sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 c fresh-squeezed orange juice
- 2 Tbsp. grated orange zest
- 2 c flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2 c powdered sugar
- 2 Tbsp. melted butter
- 1 Tbsp grated orange zest
- 2 Tbsp fresh-squeezed orange juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Farenheit.
- Mix butter and sugar until smooth.
- Add egg and mix well.
- Stir in the orange juice and ring.
- Blend the dry ingredients together and slowly mix into the wet ingredients.
- Drop by rounded teaspoons onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes (try to remove from the oven just before they start to brown around the edges).
- Cool on the cookie sheet for a few minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
- Mix sugar, melted butter, and orange zest together. Add orange juice until you achieve the desired consistency.
NotesMy grandmother has always been an avid baker, and has tons of old books, articles, and clippings for recipes stored away, some used, some not. Every year we get together at least once to do some baking and try some new recipes, and a few years ago, we stumbled across this one. The cookies are really light and fluffy, not crunchy, and the frosting is citrusy-sweet.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew Judson
Cooking for a Cure
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy FoodSee More
Apricot Glazed Chicken Breasts
Blueberry Light MuffinsSee More