- Cooking Time: 60 mins
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time:
- 4 small acorn squash
- 2 T. butter
- 1 c. sugar (I used 1/2 c.)
- 1 c. orange juice
- 1/3 c. orange juice concentrate
- 1/4 t. salt
- 1/4 t. ground nutmeg
- 1/4 t. grated orange peel
- 1/8 t. pepper
- Cut squash in half; discard seeds. Place squash cut side down in a 15-in x 10-in x 1-in baking pan; add 1/2-in of hot water. Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 30 mins.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. reduce heat to medium-low; cook, uncovered, for 30 mins or until syrupy, stirring occasionally.
- Drain water from baking pan; turn squash cut side up. Pour about 2 tablespoons orange glaze into each squash half. Bake 25-30 minutes longer or until squash is tender.
NotesFrom 2005 Taste of Home Annual Recipes. Submitted by J Moynihan, Lakeville, Minn.
Love this dish this time of year.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Healthy Blender Recipes: Vegan Drinks, Shakes & Smoothies
A Falcon FeastSee More
Dark chocolate truffle tart with flax seeds
Khatta Meetha Karela
Roasted Butternut Squash SoupSee More