- Cooking Time: 60 mins
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time:
- 4 small acorn squash
- 2 T. butter
- 1 c. sugar (I used 1/2 c.)
- 1 c. orange juice
- 1/3 c. orange juice concentrate
- 1/4 t. salt
- 1/4 t. ground nutmeg
- 1/4 t. grated orange peel
- 1/8 t. pepper
- Cut squash in half; discard seeds. Place squash cut side down in a 15-in x 10-in x 1-in baking pan; add 1/2-in of hot water. Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 30 mins.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. reduce heat to medium-low; cook, uncovered, for 30 mins or until syrupy, stirring occasionally.
- Drain water from baking pan; turn squash cut side up. Pour about 2 tablespoons orange glaze into each squash half. Bake 25-30 minutes longer or until squash is tender.
NotesFrom 2005 Taste of Home Annual Recipes. Submitted by J Moynihan, Lakeville, Minn.
Love this dish this time of year.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)
Julie Tries ... Her Friends' Recipes
The Social CookbookSee More
Hot Artichoke Dip
Lemon Streusel MuffinsSee More