- Cooking Time: 80
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 15
- Ingredients For Chicken
- 4 large chicken thighs (bone in)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Ingredients For Glaze
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 cup orange juice concentrate
- ¼ cup orange marmalade
- 2/3 cup macadamia nuts, chopped and toasted
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds, toasted
- ¼ cup white rum
- Directions For Glaze
- Combine first 3 ingredients in a small saucepan. Cook over medium heat until it forms a syrupy glaze, about 20 to 30 minutes. You may need to turn the heat down a bit if it starts boiling too much or sticking to the pan. Stir occasionally.
- In a small skillet toast the nuts and sesame seeds over medium low heat until slightly browned. You can smell when the oils start to release and a wonderful toasted aroma emerges. Keep an eye on them because they can burn easily.
- Directions For Chicken
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Heat a skillet on the stove over medium heat. Add oil. Season chicken with salt and pepper on both sides. Then place in pan, skin side down and cook 10 minutes. Then flip and cook 10 minutes on the other side.
- While meat is cooking and when the glaze is thickened, stir in rum, nuts, and sesame seeds.
- Spoon half of glaze over chicken and bake uncovered, in oven for 15 minutes. Baste meat with the rest of the sauce and continue baking for approximately 10 minutes. Uncover and bake 5 more minutes.
- I served with purple basil rice, which is just Jasmine rice cooked according to package directions then add fresh or dried basil, salt, and pepper to taste.
- Chicken is healthy but it's boring to just eat it baked all the time so play around with fresh herbs, spices, fruit, juices, and of course spirits!
NotesLooking for new delectable ways to dress up ordinary chicken? These thighs are coated in a sticky glaze so that every bite is sweet, savory, and citrusy! You can use white meat if you prefer but the oily richness of the dark meat takes to the orange and macadamias so much better, similar to Duck a l'orange.
The rum adds another layer of flavor and helps to cut through the sweetness.
Family and Friends Starter CookBook
Angel Acres Christmas Dinner Cookbook!
Eating for a Look Good Naked Fitness Life - time to feel good in your own skinSee More
Baked Chicken Reuben
turkey and sweet potato hash
Cheddar Baked Potato SlicesSee More