- Cooking Time: 60
- Preparation Time:
- 3 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 jar (16 ounces) orange marmalade (1 1/2 cups)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup salad oil
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Sift together flour, baking powder, salt, and soda.
- Reserve 1/4 cup of the marmalade. Combine remaining 1 1/4 cups marmalade, the beaten egg, orange juice, and oil; add to flour mixture, stirring just until mixture is moistened.
- Stir in chopped nuts.
- Turn batter into a greased 9x5x3-inch loaf pan.
- Bake at 350° for about 1 hour, or until a wooden pick or cake tester inserted in center comes out clean.
- Transfer from loaf pan to a baking sheet. Spread reserved marmalade over top of loaf and return to oven for a minute or two, until glazed.
- Cool on cake rack.
NotesThis is a great tea bread that stays moist. I love to make it at Christmas for my cookie trays. I found this recipe in an old cookbook from the early 1900"s and have made some modifications.
Super Buddies Homemade Doggie Treats
"Appreciation" The Complimentary "Clean Eats" Vol.3
Gonzalez Family~Established 8.8.14See More
Salted Caramel - Sauce and/or squares
All the food groups in one dish...if you consider tomatoes a fruit :)!
Hanky PankySee More