- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 7 cups thinly sliced oranges
- 4 cups thinly sliced lemons
- water to cover
- granulated sugar, 4-5 pounds
- Day 1: Combine oranges and lemons in a large kettle. Add water to cover completely. Bring mixture to a boil, lower heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and cover. Let stand at room temperature overnight.
- Day 2: Bring mixture to a boil, lower heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and cover. Let stand at room temperature overnight.
- Day 3: Measure the cooked fruit and liquid. Gradually add an equal amount of sugar, stirring constantly until completely dissolved. Bring to a rolling boil and boil rapidly for 45 minutes, stirring frequently. To test if done dip a spoon in the mixture and if done, drops will sheet together as they fall off the spoon. Or you may use a candy thermometer and check for the mixture to reach 220 degrees.
Disney's Tinker Bell "Secret of the Wings Cookbook"
Angel Acres Holiday Dessert Cookbook
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie ChallengeSee More
Grilled Chicken and Orange Skewers with Zucchini Rice
Endive Rhubarb Salad
COTTAGE CHEESE BRUNCH BLINTZESSee More