- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 7 cups thinly sliced oranges
- 4 cups thinly sliced lemons
- water to cover
- granulated sugar, 4-5 pounds
- Day 1: Combine oranges and lemons in a large kettle. Add water to cover completely. Bring mixture to a boil, lower heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and cover. Let stand at room temperature overnight.
- Day 2: Bring mixture to a boil, lower heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and cover. Let stand at room temperature overnight.
- Day 3: Measure the cooked fruit and liquid. Gradually add an equal amount of sugar, stirring constantly until completely dissolved. Bring to a rolling boil and boil rapidly for 45 minutes, stirring frequently. To test if done dip a spoon in the mixture and if done, drops will sheet together as they fall off the spoon. Or you may use a candy thermometer and check for the mixture to reach 220 degrees.
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette Starbuck
Girl Scout Campfire Cookbook Troop 60252
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome RecipesSee More
2 Point Home Made Yogurt
Roasted Butternut Squash SoupSee More