- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 7 cups thinly sliced oranges
- 4 cups thinly sliced lemons
- water to cover
- granulated sugar, 4-5 pounds
- Day 1: Combine oranges and lemons in a large kettle. Add water to cover completely. Bring mixture to a boil, lower heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and cover. Let stand at room temperature overnight.
- Day 2: Bring mixture to a boil, lower heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and cover. Let stand at room temperature overnight.
- Day 3: Measure the cooked fruit and liquid. Gradually add an equal amount of sugar, stirring constantly until completely dissolved. Bring to a rolling boil and boil rapidly for 45 minutes, stirring frequently. To test if done dip a spoon in the mixture and if done, drops will sheet together as they fall off the spoon. Or you may use a candy thermometer and check for the mixture to reach 220 degrees.
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy Food
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at Pesah
Gonzalez Family~Established 8.8.14See More
Vanilla Caramel Nut Ice Cream Pudding (with salted caramel and hot chocolate sauce)
Candy Cane Fudge
Pancit PalabokSee More