- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- Orange Pastry, recipe follows
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine melted
- 1 cup corn syrup
- 1 to 2 tablespoons orange liqueur or orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup pecan halves
- Orange Sauce, recipe follows
- Time-Saver: Omit the Orange Pastry, and use a refrigerated or frozen pie crust.
- Heat oven to 375 degrees. Make Orange Pastry.
- Beat sugar, butter, corn syrup, liqueur, salt and eggs with wire whisk or hand beater until well blended.
- Stir in pecans.
- Pour into pastry-lined pie plate.
- Cover edge of pastry with 2 to 3 inch strip of aluminum foil to prevent excessive browning; remove foil for last 5 minutes of baking. Bake 40 to 50 minutes or until set. Cool 15 minutes. Serve with Orange Sauce.
- Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 478 Calories; 27g Fat (48.7% calories from fat); 3g Protein; 61g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 91mg Cholesterol; 417mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 1/2 Lean Meat; 0 Fruit; 5 Fat; 3 1/2 Other Carbohydrates.
- NOTES : Cool: 15 minutes
NotesFrom Betty Crocker's Holiday Cookbook 2000
Special Touch: Heat 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips and 1 teaspoon shortening until melted, and drizzle over top of pie.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Quick Breads, Muffins and Cakes...Oh My!
The Real Deal Apple Recipes.
"Pretty Food" for the home ChefSee More
Almond or Oat Milk
Roasted Rack Of Lamb Persillade
Nathan M’s German Apple Pancakes, modified from Emeril's “There’s a Chef in My World” Cook bookSee More