- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- Orange Pastry, recipe follows
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine melted
- 1 cup corn syrup
- 1 to 2 tablespoons orange liqueur or orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup pecan halves
- Orange Sauce, recipe follows
- Time-Saver: Omit the Orange Pastry, and use a refrigerated or frozen pie crust.
- Heat oven to 375 degrees. Make Orange Pastry.
- Beat sugar, butter, corn syrup, liqueur, salt and eggs with wire whisk or hand beater until well blended.
- Stir in pecans.
- Pour into pastry-lined pie plate.
- Cover edge of pastry with 2 to 3 inch strip of aluminum foil to prevent excessive browning; remove foil for last 5 minutes of baking. Bake 40 to 50 minutes or until set. Cool 15 minutes. Serve with Orange Sauce.
- Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 478 Calories; 27g Fat (48.7% calories from fat); 3g Protein; 61g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 91mg Cholesterol; 417mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 1/2 Lean Meat; 0 Fruit; 5 Fat; 3 1/2 Other Carbohydrates.
- NOTES : Cool: 15 minutes
NotesFrom Betty Crocker's Holiday Cookbook 2000
Special Touch: Heat 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips and 1 teaspoon shortening until melted, and drizzle over top of pie.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
WorkingBug's Open House Cookbook
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 1 Mains and Appetisers
20+ Pumpkin Recipes!See More
Louisiana Crabmeat Stuffed Artichoke
Slow-Cooker Chicken Tortilla SoupSee More