- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 pound pork tenderloin
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons grated orange peel
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil, good quality
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon fig jam/preserves, melted
- Preheat oven to 450º.
- In food processor, combine basil, orange peel and garlic. Cover and process until finely chopped. Add olive oil, orange juice, mustard, salt and pepper to taste. Process a few seconds or until a paste is formed.
- Slice pork in half, lengthwise, cutting to, but not through, other sides. Open the halves, laying pork flat. Place pork between 2 sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap; pound to 1/2 inch thickness using a meat mallet. Spread pesto over pork, leaving a 1/2 inch margin around outside edges. Roll up the pork, from the long edge and secure with twine or silicone bands at 2-inch intervals. Sprinkle pork with the salt and pepper, and place on a foil-lined baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray or on a silicone mat.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Brush jam/preserves over the pork. Bake an additional 5 minutes. Let stand for 10 minutes.
- When pork is ready, remove twine or bands; cut into 1 inch-thick slices.
NotesI developed this for a friend who was looking for recipe he could use for a Carribean-themed party he was hosting.
Notes: May substitute orange marmalade or any other jam for the fig jam
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Angel Acres Holiday Dessert Cookbook
Rainbows Of Vegan Love
Classic Chocolate Recipes ElevatedSee More
Prickly Pear Margarita
Creamy Candy Bar Dessert
Hector's HurricanesSee More