- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup Gold Medal all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon shortening
- 2 to 3 tablespoons cold water
- Mix flour, orange peel and salt.
- Cut in shortening, using pastry blender or crisscrossing 2 knives, until particles are size of small peas.
- Sprinkle in water, 1 tablespoon at a time, tossing with fork until all flour is moistened and pastry almost cleans side of bowl.
- Gather pastry into a ball; shape into flattened round on lightly floured surface.
- Roll pastry on lightly floured surface, using floured rolling pin, into circle 2 inches larger than upside down pie plate, 9 x 1 1/4 inches.
- Fold pastry into fourths and place in pie plate.
- Unfold and ease into plate, pressing firmly against bottom and side.
- Trim overhanging edge of pastry 1 inch from rim of plate.
- Fold and roll pastry under, even with plate; flute.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
50 Shades of Taste
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome Recipes
The Best of Brock: Celebrating 85 Years of CookingSee More
Smooth Tomato & Creamy Tofu Sauce