- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup Gold Medal all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon shortening
- 2 to 3 tablespoons cold water
- Mix flour, orange peel and salt.
- Cut in shortening, using pastry blender or crisscrossing 2 knives, until particles are size of small peas.
- Sprinkle in water, 1 tablespoon at a time, tossing with fork until all flour is moistened and pastry almost cleans side of bowl.
- Gather pastry into a ball; shape into flattened round on lightly floured surface.
- Roll pastry on lightly floured surface, using floured rolling pin, into circle 2 inches larger than upside down pie plate, 9 x 1 1/4 inches.
- Fold pastry into fourths and place in pie plate.
- Unfold and ease into plate, pressing firmly against bottom and side.
- Trim overhanging edge of pastry 1 inch from rim of plate.
- Fold and roll pastry under, even with plate; flute.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Real Deal Apple Recipes.
Adventures in Cooking
Julie Tries ... Her Friends' RecipesSee More
Peking Style Smoked Chicken
Quick and Spicy Tomato Soup
Grilled London BroilSee More