- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time:
- 1 large orange
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/3 cups white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 cups all-purpose flour 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup chopped raisins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9x5 inch loaf pan.
- Cut orange into wedges, and remove seeds. Place orange, peel and all, in a food processor. Pulse until finely chopped; set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until smooth. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the pumpkin, water, and the ground orange. Mix together flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and cloves. Stir into batter just until moistened. Stir in nuts and raisins. Spoon into the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake for 1 hour in the preheated oven, or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand 10 minutes, then remove from pan, and cool on a wire rack
Notes"A whole orange is ground to make this moist pumpkin loaf. Good with an orange cream spread, butter, or plain."
Favourites from Ana's Romanian Kitchen
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)
Quick Breads, Muffins and Cakes...Oh My!See More
Vanilla Caramel Nut Ice Cream Pudding (with salted caramel and hot chocolate sauce)
Candy Cane Fudge
Pancit PalabokSee More