- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 (.25 ounce) packages active dry yeast
- 2 1/2 cups warm water (110 degrees F)
- 1 (18.25 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 6 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 c. white sugar
- 3 teaspoons grated orange rind (fresh or dried)
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water, and let stand for 3 minutes.
- Add cake mix, 1 cup flour, eggs, oil, and salt; beat well. Stir in remaining flour until a soft dough forms.
- Knead on well floured surface for about 5 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, and turn to coat the dough surface. Let rise until doubled in bulk, about 45 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Punch down, and divide into two equal rectangles. Roll out each section on a lightly floured surface.
- Mix butter, sugar and orange rind. Spread half this mixture over each rectangle.
- Roll up like jelly rolls and cut buns 1 1/2 inches thick with a piece of dental floss or a dull knife. Place in greased baking pans, and allow to rise until doubled.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 25 to 35 minutes or until golden brown.
My Family Cookbook
Thanksgiving With The Singing Vegan
Gluten-Free - Making do with what you got!See More
Gluten Free Gingerbread Cupcake with Browned Butter Butter Cream Frosting
Cinnamon Blueberry Crumble
Mrs. Jackson’s Grits – “Selma”See More