- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time:
- three fillets of orange roughy- cut into 6
- one medium size banana leaf- washed and stem removed (cut into 6 sections)to make packets
- cooking twine/string or long pieces of banana leaf for tying packets together
- One bundle of Cilantro- use the stems only & finely chopped
- 1 to 1 1/2 Tablespoons of Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper
- about a tablespoon of lemon juice
- one small piece of ginger peeled and julianned
- Lightly brush fish with olive oil on both sides. Lightly salt and pepper fish on both sides. Lightly rub on finely chopped cilantro stems on both sides of fish.
- Sqeeze about 1 tablespoon of lemon juice over all the fish (you dont need a lot). Sprinkle pieces of ginger onto fish. Place fish on a section of banana leaf and fold leaf around fish making a packet. Tie the packet with cooking string/twine or pieces of banana leaf.
- Place packets inside steamer for 15 minutes. Great with cous-cous.
NotesMy friend Heather told me about this recipe. I just tried it and it is amazing.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Secret of the Wings Cookbook
Adventures in Cooking
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for LunchSee More
Corn Fritters ( Sorullitos)
Mambo Pork Rolls with Sweet Potatoes
Red Lentil And Vegetable SoupSee More