ORANGE ROUGHY STEAMED IN BANANA LEAF
- Servings: 6
- three fillets of orange roughy- cut into 6
- one medium size banana leaf- washed and stem removed (cut into 6 sections)to make packets
- cooking twine/string or long pieces of banana leaf for tying packets together
- One bundle of Cilantro- use the stems only & finely chopped
- 1 to 1 1/2 Tablespoons of Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper
- about a tablespoon of lemon juice
- one small piece of ginger peeled and julianned
Lightly brush fish with olive oil on both sides. Lightly salt and pepper fish on both sides. Lightly rub on finely chopped cilantro stems on both sides of fish.
Sqeeze about 1 tablespoon of lemon juice over all the fish (you dont need a lot). Sprinkle pieces of ginger onto fish. Place fish on a section of banana leaf and fold leaf around fish making a packet. Tie the packet with cooking string/twine or pieces of banana leaf.
Place packets inside steamer for 15 minutes. Great with cous-cous.