- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup butter, softened (I use unsalted butter)
- 1 ½ cups granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- ¾ cup cooked, mashed sweet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon ginger paste (or ½ teaspoon powdered ginger)
- 2 ½ cups cake flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cardamom
- ½ cup milk
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated orange peel (I used the peel of one orange)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cream the butter in the large bowl of an electric mixer. Gradually add the sugar, beating at low speed, then increase the mixer speed to high and beat until pale and fluffy.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well and scraping down the bowl sides after each addition. After all eggs are in, beat several minutes at high speed until the mixture is smooth and very pale. Beat in the sweet potatoes, ginger paste, vanilla and orange juice.
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt and cardamom. Beating at low speed, add the dry ingredients in thirds, alternating with the milk. Stir in the orange peel.
- Pour the batter into two greased and floured 8"X4" loaf pans (if using a Bundt pan or a tube pan, be sure to adjust the baking time). Bake in preheated oven for 60 to 65 minutes, or until the tops springs back when touched. Let the cakes cool completely on a wire rack before removing from pans to slice.
NotesI was on a mission to find new and different ways to use my beloved sweet potatoes. Here I made a delicious light and moist sweet potato pound cake with hints of orange, ginger and cardamom.....perfect for Spring!
Cupcake Wars Winning Blueberry Pancake Cupcake Recipe
Baby Food: Baby's First Solid Foods
Julie Tries ... Her Friends' RecipesSee More
Broccoli Chicken Casserole
SLOW COOKER BBQ COUNTRY RIBS
TUNA PARFAIT ON JAPANESE SWEET POTATO TEMPURA AND TEMPURA GREEN ONIONS WITH SAKE SOY GLAZESee More