- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 8 scones
- Preparation Time:
- 2/3 c. milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 c. sugar
- 2 1/2 tsps. baking powder
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 2 Tbsp. fresh orange zest
- 1/4 cup (4 Tbsp.) chilled butter, cut into small pieces
- 2 cups finely chopped rhubarb (about two large stalks)
- 1/3 cup dried cherries
- Cooking spray
- Combine milk, vanilla and egg; place in refrigerator until ready to use.
- Preheat oven to 425-degrees F.
- Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flour, sugar, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and orange zest in a food processor. Add butter and pulse until mixture resembles coarse meal. Add milk mixture, and pulse until just until moist. Add rhubarb and cherries and mix by hand thoroughly.
- Turn the dough out onto parchment lined baking sheet and, with floured hands, pat dough into an 8-inch circle (dough will be very sticky). Cut dough into 8 wedges but do not separate. Bake for 20 minutes or until browned. Serve warm.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Have Your Cake and EAT IT TOO! Allergen-Free Desserts Everyone Can Enjoy
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy FoodSee More
Apricot Glazed Chicken Breasts
Blueberry Light MuffinsSee More