- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 8 scones
- Preparation Time:
- 2/3 c. milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 c. sugar
- 2 1/2 tsps. baking powder
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 2 Tbsp. fresh orange zest
- 1/4 cup (4 Tbsp.) chilled butter, cut into small pieces
- 2 cups finely chopped rhubarb (about two large stalks)
- 1/3 cup dried cherries
- Cooking spray
- Combine milk, vanilla and egg; place in refrigerator until ready to use.
- Preheat oven to 425-degrees F.
- Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flour, sugar, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and orange zest in a food processor. Add butter and pulse until mixture resembles coarse meal. Add milk mixture, and pulse until just until moist. Add rhubarb and cherries and mix by hand thoroughly.
- Turn the dough out onto parchment lined baking sheet and, with floured hands, pat dough into an 8-inch circle (dough will be very sticky). Cut dough into 8 wedges but do not separate. Bake for 20 minutes or until browned. Serve warm.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Angel Acres Super Scrumptious Cookie Recipes!
I Got Baked: Introducing Cookbook Cafe
TECHmunch Austin 2013 Food Blogger Community CookbookSee More
Thigh and Drumstick Cacciatore
Grilled Chicken and Orange Skewers
Chocolate PavlovaSee More