- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 8 scones
- Preparation Time:
- 2/3 c. milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 c. sugar
- 2 1/2 tsps. baking powder
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 2 Tbsp. fresh orange zest
- 1/4 cup (4 Tbsp.) chilled butter, cut into small pieces
- 2 cups finely chopped rhubarb (about two large stalks)
- 1/3 cup dried cherries
- Cooking spray
- Combine milk, vanilla and egg; place in refrigerator until ready to use.
- Preheat oven to 425-degrees F.
- Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flour, sugar, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and orange zest in a food processor. Add butter and pulse until mixture resembles coarse meal. Add milk mixture, and pulse until just until moist. Add rhubarb and cherries and mix by hand thoroughly.
- Turn the dough out onto parchment lined baking sheet and, with floured hands, pat dough into an 8-inch circle (dough will be very sticky). Cut dough into 8 wedges but do not separate. Bake for 20 minutes or until browned. Serve warm.
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at Pesah
Delicious Breakfasts for Gluten-Free Kids!
Angel Acres Christmas Dinner Cookbook!See More
Dark Molten Chocolate Cakes
Shrimp and Penne Pasta Salad with Pesto, Bocconcini and Cherry Tomatoes
Turkey and Heirloom Tomato Frittata with BasilSee More