- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp grated orange zest
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1/2 cup chopped mandarin orange segments, drained
- 1 tbsp sugar
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Lightly grease cookie sheet.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, 1/4 c. sugar, baking powder and orange zest.
- With a fork or pastry blender, cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Add orange segments, milk and egg.
- With fork, stir just until mixture leaves sides of bowl and soft dough forms.
- Turn dough out onto floured surface.
- Knead lightly 10 times.
- On greased cookie sheet, roll or pat into 6" circle.
- Sprinkle with 1 tbsp sugar.
- Cut into 8 wedges; separate slightly.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
MetroCooking Texas 2013
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Have Your Cake and EAT IT TOO! Allergen-Free Desserts Everyone Can EnjoySee More
CHOCOLATE COVERED CHERRY COOKIES
Tomato & Sweet Pepper SalsaSee More