- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp grated orange zest
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1/2 cup chopped mandarin orange segments, drained
- 1 tbsp sugar
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Lightly grease cookie sheet.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, 1/4 c. sugar, baking powder and orange zest.
- With a fork or pastry blender, cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Add orange segments, milk and egg.
- With fork, stir just until mixture leaves sides of bowl and soft dough forms.
- Turn dough out onto floured surface.
- Knead lightly 10 times.
- On greased cookie sheet, roll or pat into 6" circle.
- Sprinkle with 1 tbsp sugar.
- Cut into 8 wedges; separate slightly.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Mom's Cooking Secrets
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 2 Desserts and Cakes
MetroCooking Texas 2013See More
Picnic Chicken SaladSee More