- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp grated orange zest
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1/2 cup chopped mandarin orange segments, drained
- 1 tbsp sugar
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Lightly grease cookie sheet.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, 1/4 c. sugar, baking powder and orange zest.
- With a fork or pastry blender, cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Add orange segments, milk and egg.
- With fork, stir just until mixture leaves sides of bowl and soft dough forms.
- Turn dough out onto floured surface.
- Knead lightly 10 times.
- On greased cookie sheet, roll or pat into 6" circle.
- Sprinkle with 1 tbsp sugar.
- Cut into 8 wedges; separate slightly.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
Best of Eva's Family Recipes
I'm Making Cookies! with Douglas E. Welch
Angel Acres Holiday Dessert CookbookSee More
Dark Molten Chocolate Cakes
Shrimp and Penne Pasta Salad with Pesto, Bocconcini and Cherry Tomatoes
Turkey and Heirloom Tomato Frittata with BasilSee More