- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3 oranges
- 10 lbs short ribs
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup diced pancetta
- 3 medium onions, chopped
- 10 cloves garlic
- 6 sprigs thyme
- 4 sprigs rosemary
- 2 cups red wine
- 3 cups low-salt chicken broth
- 1) Peel off strips of orange rind and squeeze to get 2 cups juice.
- 2) Heat oven to 350
- 3) Season ribs with salt and pepper. Brown, meat side down, in a heavy oven proof pan. Remove. Add Pancetta and onions to pan. Cook until soft, about 10 minutes.
- 4) Return ribs to pans, add orange peel, garlic, thyme, rosemary, juice, wine, broth.
- 5) Cover, bake until tender - about 2 hours.
- 6) Remove ribs. Boil sauce until thickened, about 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Growers' Giveback PotluckSee More
Chinese Chicken Salad
Cheese Garlic Rolls
Mushroom GravySee More