ORANGE SHORT RIBS
- 3 oranges
- 10 lbs short ribs
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup diced pancetta
- 3 medium onions, chopped
- 10 cloves garlic
- 6 sprigs thyme
- 4 sprigs rosemary
- 2 cups red wine
- 3 cups low-salt chicken broth
1) Peel off strips of orange rind and squeeze to get 2 cups juice.
2) Heat oven to 350
3) Season ribs with salt and pepper. Brown, meat side down, in a heavy oven proof pan. Remove. Add Pancetta and onions to pan. Cook until soft, about 10 minutes.
4) Return ribs to pans, add orange peel, garlic, thyme, rosemary, juice, wine, broth.
5) Cover, bake until tender - about 2 hours.
6) Remove ribs. Boil sauce until thickened, about 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.