- Cooking Time: 60
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 30
- 4 Boneless/skinless chicken breasts
- 1 teasp. seasoned salt
- 1 teasp. pepper
- 1-1/2 teasp. paprika
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 Tbl. canola or olive oil
- 1 cup orange juice
- 2 Tbl. honey
- 1/2 teasp cinnamon
- 1/4 teasp. nutmeg
- 1/2 teasp. dried oregano
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/2 onion, rough chopped
- 1/2 cup seeded Kalamata olives
- Rinse chicken and dry with paper towels. Cut each trimmed breast across into 3 pieces.
- Sprinkle both sides with salt, pepper and paprika, then dredge in flour, patting off excess.
- In a small bowl, combine honey, cinnamon, nutmeg, oregano, and orange juice; Set aside.
- In a skillet, heat the oil and lightly brown the chicken on both sides, cooking in batches, if necessary.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Place browned chicken in a casserole dish large enough to accommodate (I use an 11x7) which has been lightly sprayed with cooking spray.
- Sprinkle onions and olives on top of chicken.
- Pour off any excess oil from the skillet, then pour in the white wine to deglaze, gently stirring to remove fond from pan.
- Pour this liquid into the bowl with the orange/honey mixture, stir to blend, then pour over the chicken. Bake uncovered for 45 minutes, then cover dish with foil, turn heat down to 300F, and bake for 15 more minutes.
- Serve over hot buttered noodles or rice.
- Serves 4.
- Prep time: 30 minutes.
- Cooking time: Approx. 1 hour.
NotesThis is a recipe I concocted one day while searching for yet another way to serve poultry. The result: a sort of Greco version of Chicken Veronique. I used Kalamata olives in place of the grapes, and used some complementary herbs. It came out beautifully, and it looks good enough for company. I hope you'll try it!
The Best of Brock: Celebrating 85 Years of Cooking
Amsterdam Friends Cookbook
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew JudsonSee More
My Mom's Stuffing (My preacher recipe)
Hot Italian 'Krash' StackSee More