- Cooking Time: 12-15
- Preparation Time:
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon grated gingerroot or 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 3 cups thinly sliced fresh mushrooms (8 ounces)
- 1 medium carrot, coarsely shredded (1/2 cup)
- 4 cups hot cooked rice
- Mix soy sauce, 1 teaspoon cornstarch, the gingerroot and garlic in medium glass or plastic bowl.
- Stir in chicken.
- Cover and refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Mix orange juice and 2 teaspoons cornstarch until cornstarch is dissolved; set aside.
- Heat 1 teaspoon of the oil in 10-inch nonstick skillet or wok over high heat.
- Add chicken; stir fry 4 to 6 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in center.
- Remove chicken from skillet.
- Add remaining 1 teaspoon oil to skillet.
- Add mushrooms and carrot; stir-fry about 3 minutes or until mushrooms are tender.
- Stir in chicken and orange juice mixture.
- Heat to boiling, stirring constantly.
- Boil and stir about 30 seconds or until thickened.
- Serve over rice.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Growers' Giveback PotluckSee More
Chinese Chicken Salad
Cheese Garlic Rolls
Mushroom GravySee More