- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 c. pecan halves
- 1/2 c. orange juice
- 1 1/2 c. sugar
- 1 tsp. grated orange rind
- In a small heavy saucepan, combine sugar and orange juice and stir until it boils.
- Cook without stirring until the syrup reaches soft-ball stage, or a candy thermometer registers 240F.
- Remove from heat and stir in orange rind and pecans.
- Continue to stir until the syrup starts to look cloudy.
- Before it hardens, spread nuts on waxed paper to cool.
- Separate into individual kernels.
- May substitute walnuts for the peacans; use 1/2 lb.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Growers' Giveback Potluck
KITCHEN CAUCUS Conservative Creations
Gonzalez Family~Established 8.8.14See More
Sauteed Spinach with Garlic: Julie & Julia
Red Cabbage and Apple Salad with Ginger Vinaigrette
Marly's Vegan Coconut CakeSee More