- Cooking Time: 17-20 minutes
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- 1-2 tablespoons finely grated orange zest, divided
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar, divided
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (5-6 oz) container Orange-Vanilla Greek yogurt (sub plain or vanilla, if desired)
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
- 6 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.; line a 12-cup muffin pan with paper liners.
- In a small bowl, stir together 2 teaspoons orange zest and 1/4 cup sugar; set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt; set aside.
- Place the yogurt, egg, orange juice, and coconut oil in a microwave safe bowl or large measuring cup. Use a fork to blend the mixture. Microwave on high for 30-40 seconds, or until the mixture is at room temperature (and the coconut oil stays melted). Stir in the vanilla and the remaining orange zest. Add the liquid mixture to the flour mixture and gently stir with a rubber spatula until just blended--batter will be lumpy.
- Spoon the batter into the lined muffin cups. Sprinkle the sugar/orange mixture over the tops of the muffins. Bake for 17-20 minutes, or until the tops spring back when lightly touched. Remove the muffins from the pan and cool on a wire rack.
NotesNow that spring is finally here, I wanted something "sunny". These Orange-Vanilla Muffins fit the bill perfectly!
Cooking On The Weekends - For The Love of Food!
"Appreciation" The Complimentary "Clean Eats" Vol.3
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette StarbuckSee More
Mama Mia ... Lentils Italian Style
Gabriola Clam Chowder
Gen's Vegetable Love PizzaSee More