- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 1/2 cups cake flour
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs, separated
- 1/2 teaspoon orange extract
- Grated rind of 1 orange
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- Orange Glaze
- Orange Buttercream
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Spray 2 (9-in.) cake pans with Pam. In a medium bowl, combine flour, cornstarch, baking powder and salt. In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add egg yolks, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in orange extract and rind. Add flour mixture alternately with orange juice, beating well after each addition.
- In a medium bowl, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form. Stir 1 cup egg whites into the batter. Gently fold remaining egg whites into the batter. Gently divide batter into the prepared cake pans.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until a tester inserted in the center comes out clean and the top is golden brown and springy to the touch. Cool in pans on a wire rack.
- With a toothpick, prick holes all over top of the cake. Brush warm Orange Glaze over the cake until glaze is used up. Invert 1 layer onto a serving plate and spread with about 1/3 of the Orange Buttercream Frosting. Top with remaining layer and frost with remaining Orange Buttercream.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
My Family Cookbook
Angel Acres Super Scrumptious Cookie Recipes!See More
Sauteed Spinach with Garlic: Julie & Julia
Red Cabbage and Apple Salad with Ginger Vinaigrette
Marly's Vegan Coconut CakeSee More