- Cooking Time: 22
- Servings: 12 large (24 mini)
- Preparation Time: 10
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 large egg whites(do not discard yolks, you'll need them for frosting)
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Zest of 1 fresh orange (or 1 Tbsp dried zest)
- 1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder unsweetened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 6 tbsp softened butter
- Butter Cream Frosting:
- 1/4 cup softened butter
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla (or orange extract for more citrus flavor)
- 1 egg yolk
- a few drops of food color, whatever you want
- Preheat oven 350
- Mix milk, egg whites, zest and extract set aside.
- Mix flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder and salt. Add butter while mixing on low one tbsp at a time. Mixture should be crumbly looking.
- Add milk mixture slowly and mix on low for a minute and a half until mousse like.
- Pour into cupcake/muffin tins with liners. Bake 18-22 minutes. (Until toothpick comes out clean.)
- While cupcakes cool mix together all frosting ingredients until whipped nicely. Put on cupcakes when completely cool and serve.
NotesI use a generic base for cupcakes and add my flavors from there... this one is for the Orange and Cocoa flavors.
Gluten-Free - Making do with what you got!
Kale Yeah It's Good...No Meat Necessary
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome RecipesSee More
Curried Wheat Bread
Chicken Fried Steak (TNT)
BRIE AND PROSCIUTTO FILLED CHILE RELLENOS ON A BED OF FIGS AND ARUGULASee More