- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 container of plain yogurt (750 grams;whichever brand you like; whatever level of fat content you like)
- zest and juice of one orange
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup walnuts, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup prunes, roughly chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1/4 cup flaked coconut (I use dried but if you can find fresh ... be my guest!)
- Line a sieve with cheesecloth or paper towels. Spoon the yogurt into the sieve and place in a large pot in the refrigerator to drain overnight.
- Remove the yogurt from the sieve and place in a large bowl. Add the orange zest, orange juice and honey and mix well.
- Add the nuts and prunes, mix well.
- Finish by adding the coconut extract and flaked coconut. Mix well and cover and refrigerate for an hour before serving.
- Note: This recipe will yield approximately 3 cups of yogurt.
NotesThis recipe is my adaptation of one from The Barefoot Contessa Cookbook by Ina Garten. It's a wonderful dish to serve for brunch and it's a healthy snack as well.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Angel Acres Christmas Dinner Cookbook!
The Best of GlutenFreeHappyTummy!
Just Desserts - Top 20 from the Culinary Alchemy BlogSee More
Louisiana Crabmeat Stuffed Artichoke
Slow-Cooker Chicken Tortilla SoupSee More