- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 container of plain yogurt (750 grams;whichever brand you like; whatever level of fat content you like)
- zest and juice of one orange
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup walnuts, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup prunes, roughly chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1/4 cup flaked coconut (I use dried but if you can find fresh ... be my guest!)
- Line a sieve with cheesecloth or paper towels. Spoon the yogurt into the sieve and place in a large pot in the refrigerator to drain overnight.
- Remove the yogurt from the sieve and place in a large bowl. Add the orange zest, orange juice and honey and mix well.
- Add the nuts and prunes, mix well.
- Finish by adding the coconut extract and flaked coconut. Mix well and cover and refrigerate for an hour before serving.
- Note: This recipe will yield approximately 3 cups of yogurt.
NotesThis recipe is my adaptation of one from The Barefoot Contessa Cookbook by Ina Garten. It's a wonderful dish to serve for brunch and it's a healthy snack as well.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Real Deal Apple Recipes.
A Gluten Free Christmas with Gluten Free Mama
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or PartySee More
Almond or Oat Milk
Roasted Rack Of Lamb Persillade
Nathan M’s German Apple Pancakes, modified from Emeril's “There’s a Chef in My World” Cook bookSee More