ORANGE AND FENNEL SALAD
Orange and Fennel Salad
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups arugula
- 1 medium fennel bulb, trimmed, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 3 large navel oranges, peeled and sliced into thin rounds
- 1 small red onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds
In a small bowl, whisk together orange juice and olive oil. Taste and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.
Divide arugula among 4 salad plates; set aside. Toss fennel with orange slices and red onions, then arrange on top of arugula. Drizzle reserved dressing over the top, garnish with almonds and serve.
Per serving (about 9oz/258g-wt.): 260 calories (160 from fat), 18g total fat, 2.5g saturated fat, 0mg cholesterol, 320mg sodium, 25g total carbohydrate (7g dietary fiber, 15g sugar), 4g protein