ORANGE AND FENNEL SALAD
- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups arugula
- 1 medium fennel bulb, trimmed, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 3 large navel oranges, peeled and sliced into thin rounds
- 1 small red onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds
- In a small bowl, whisk together orange juice and olive oil. Taste and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.
- Divide arugula among 4 salad plates; set aside. Toss fennel with orange slices and red onions, then arrange on top of arugula. Drizzle reserved dressing over the top, garnish with almonds and serve.
NotesColorful and crunchy—the sweetness of the oranges is a tasty contrast to the sharp clean taste of the raw fennel. Save any juice that accumulates when you slice the oranges and use it when making the dressing, if you like.
Per serving (about 9oz/258g-wt.): 260 calories (160 from fat), 18g total fat, 2.5g saturated fat, 0mg cholesterol, 320mg sodium, 25g total carbohydrate (7g dietary fiber, 15g sugar), 4g protein
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Favourites from Ana's Romanian Kitchen
Vegan Glass Jar Goodies
Desperate Housewives: Juicy Dishes & Saucy BitesSee More
Blue Cheese And Bacon Cheese Ball
matt's base red sauceSee More