- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- Corn Tortillas
- 1/2 cup masa harina (corn flour)
- 1/3 cup hot water
- pinch of salt
- 2 boneless/skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 Tbsp fresh orange juice
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed
- cumin to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- Mix masa, salt and water until a soft dough forms. Put in a bowl and cover with a damp towel. Let stand as you are making the rest of the meal (or about 15-30 minutes)
- Heat a cast iron skillet over hot heat.
- If you have a tortilla press, go ahead and use that. I sure don't. What I did was divide the dough into two balls. I put a ball at a time in a freezer bag and rolled with a rolling pin. It was not a perfect circle (though you could use a bowl or mold, I'm sure, to get it that way) but it was a snap to do.
- Cook tortilla for about a minute per side in very hot cast iron skillet (you don't need any oil).
- Mix together orange juice, cumin, garlic, salt, pepper, and oil. Add chicken and marinate for 1 or 2 hours (don't overdo it, you don't want the chicken to start cooking from the citrus in the orange)
NotesThis is a recipe adapted from a local Cuban restaurant, Coobah. I changed the sauce to a blueberry chipotle (theirs in a mustard-beer) among a few other things. It turned out really well.
Don't be intimidated by the long recipe. It's really not that hard to throw together. I do like the use of homemade tortillas, which are a little puffier/fluffy than the storebought kind.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Have Your Cake and EAT IT TOO! Allergen-Free Desserts Everyone Can Enjoy
MetroCooking Texas 2013
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013See More
Paula’s Vegetable Beef Chili
Beans And Tomatoes Chili Con CarneSee More