- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 300 g flour (10.5 oz)
- 100 g powdered sugar (3.5 oz)
- 200 g cold butter (7 oz)
- 2 egg yolks
- a pinch of salt
- 2 tblsp finely grated orange peel
- + 1 egg yolk
- 1 tblsp milk
- 1 tblsp granulated sugar
- orange marmelade
- apricot jam
- Sift the flour with salt and sugar on the kneeding board. Add finely grated orange peel and chopped butter.
- Rub the butter into flour/sugar mixture with the tips of your fingers creating crumbs.
- Add yolks and mix everything quickly, kneeding slightly to get smooth dough. Form a ball, cover with plastic foil and chill in the fridge for 1/2 hour.
- Roll it out between two sheets of baking paper to 2 mm thick.
- Use either flower or heart shaped cookie cutter in two different sizes (or use a plain, small round cutter for "holes").
- Cut the biscuit and place on a baking tin covered with baking paper. Make a "hole" in half of the biscuits with a small cutter. Collect the leftovers, form a ball again and chill before rolling it out and cutting more biscuits. Repeat until you have used it all.
- Beat slightly an egg yolk with milk. Brush the biscuits with yolk/milk and sprinkle with granulated sugar.
- Bake for 10-12 mins at 175°C (350F).
- Leave the biscuits to cool on a wire rack.
- Spread a teaspoon of orange marmelade on a whole biscuit and cover with the second biscuit (with a hole).
- Warm 2 tblsp of apricot jam with 2 tblsp of water (or orange juice) and fill the holes on the finished biscuits.
NotesThese are the second favourite biscuits at my home. I've been making them for about 10-11 years now, and never found anyone who didn't like them. Found the recipe long time ago in a magazine.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome Recipes
Eco-Chefs Kids Culinary Cookbook
The Best of GlutenFreeHappyTummy!See More
Christmas Cherry Pie
Low-Fat Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Muffins
Mughlai Chicken BiryaniSee More