- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4 unsweetened white chocolate, morsels or broken into pieces
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 4 ounces orange liqueur, (Cointreau or Grand Marnier)
- 1 orange, zested
- 5 ounces white chocolate, morsels or chopped small
- 2/3 cup Macadamia nuts, chopped and pulsed in blender or processor to dust
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit. Butter baking pan; and set aside.
- Stir unsweetened chocolate and butter in medium saucepan over low heat until melted and smooth. Cool to room temperature.
- Sift flour, baking powder and salt into small bowl. Once well incorporated, mix in macadamia nut dust.
- Beat sugar, eggs, zest and orange liqueur in medium bowl until mixture is very thick, about 3 minutes. Stir into unsweetened chocolate mixture, alternating with equal portions of the flour mixture until there is one batter. Be sure to mix well.
- Stir in sweet white chocolate morsels or small pieces. Mix gently to reserve individual morsels.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until toothpick tests with moist crumbs. Cool brownies on a rack. Garnish with candy orange slices or candied orange zest.
- Variation: Cherry Rancher Brownies: substitute orange liqueur with 1 or 2 pkgs (based on desired flavor and color) of Cherry Kool-Aid powder mix. Garnish brownies with maraschino cherry halves.
NotesWhite chocolate, orange liqueur and macadamia nut dust make these brownies something really special!!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
I'm Making Cookies! with Douglas E. Welch
Eco-Chefs Kids Culinary Cookbook
MidLife Road Trip'sSee More
Roasted Pepper Potato Soup
Oven Crispy FriesSee More