- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryWhite chocolate, orange liqueur and macadamia nut dust make these brownies something really special!!
- 4 unsweetened white chocolate, morsels or broken into pieces
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 4 ounces orange liqueur, (Cointreau or Grand Marnier)
- 1 orange, zested
- 5 ounces white chocolate, morsels or chopped small
- 2/3 cup Macadamia nuts, chopped and pulsed in blender or processor to dust
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit. Butter baking pan; and set aside.
- Stir unsweetened chocolate and butter in medium saucepan over low heat until melted and smooth. Cool to room temperature.
- Sift flour, baking powder and salt into small bowl. Once well incorporated, mix in macadamia nut dust.
- Beat sugar, eggs, zest and orange liqueur in medium bowl until mixture is very thick, about 3 minutes. Stir into unsweetened chocolate mixture, alternating with equal portions of the flour mixture until there is one batter. Be sure to mix well.
- Stir in sweet white chocolate morsels or small pieces. Mix gently to reserve individual morsels.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until toothpick tests with moist crumbs. Cool brownies on a rack. Garnish with candy orange slices or candied orange zest.
- Variation: Cherry Rancher Brownies: substitute orange liqueur with 1 or 2 pkgs (based on desired flavor and color) of Cherry Kool-Aid powder mix. Garnish brownies with maraschino cherry halves.
Have Your Cake and EAT IT TOO! Allergen-Free Desserts Everyone Can Enjoy
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law LibrariesSee More
Easy Halloween Cookies
Best Boiled Egg
Original Grape Nuts Bread Recipe from 1940’sSee More