- Cooking Time: 8–10
- Servings: 1
- Preparation Time: 20
- 1 cup dried orecchiette* pasta
- 2 cups Mediterranean-style mixed salad greens
- 2 tbsp sun-dried tomatoes—packed in olive oil, chopped
- 1 tbsp goat cheese, crumbled
- 2 tbsp Parmesan, grated—plus more for garnish
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of pepper
- Bring a medium pot of salted water to a boil over high heat.
- Add the pasta and cook until tender but still firm to the bite, stirring occasionally, about 8–10 minutes.
- Drain pasta, reserving ½ cup of the water.
- In medium bowl, mix the salad greens with the sun-dried tomatoes, goat cheese, and Parmesan.
- Top with warm pasta and ½ cup of the reserved pasta water. Toss to combine and wilt the greens.
- Season with a pinch each of salt and pepper.
- Garnish with additional Parmesan, if desired, and serve.
Notes*ORECCHIETTE [oh-rayk-kee-EHT-tay] - Italian for "little ears," referring culinary to tiny disk-shaped pasta.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Angel Acres Christmas Dinner Cookbook!
I'm Making Cookies! with Douglas E. Welch
MetroCooking DC 2013See More
Paula’s Vegetable Beef Chili
Beans And Tomatoes Chili Con CarneSee More