- Cooking Time: 20-30
- Preparation Time:
- 1 lb Orchiette ("Little Ears") pasta
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3/4 cup drained oil packed sun dried tomatoes, reserve oil
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup chopped artichoke hearts, packed in oil
- 1/4 cup fresh chiffonade of basil (don't prepare until just before adding)
- 1 1/4 cup fresh grated parmesan cheese
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream (this ain't no diet pasta! lol)
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- Prepare pasta according to directions on package, or heck, just boil until
- al dente.
- Thinly slice the chicken breasts. Heat some of the oil, about 2 Tbsp, from
- the sundried tomatoes in a skillet or sauté pan. Sauté the chicken until golden and
- cooked through. Add tomatoes, artichokes, and garlic, sauté 1 minute, then add chicken
- broth. Allow it to reduce to about half and add cream and simmer until
- slightly thickened.
- Drain pasta well, then toss with chicken & garlic cream sauce, and parmesan.
- Last, prepare and toss in the chiffonade of basil. It may seem very saucy at
- first, but the pasta will absorb the excess and taste wonderful for having
- done so!
NotesThis is a recipe I made up after having a similar dish at Maggiano's one night. I knew it couldn't be very complicated, but it sure is delicious!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Driscoll's Berry Desserts
Italy or Bust
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry 2013See More
pistachio cranberry icebox cookies
Teeny Tiny Italian Meat-loaves
Mom's Holiday Stove Top StuffingSee More