- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 pound orechiette pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 pound turkey sausage, casing removed
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 (15-ounce) can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano leaves
- 1/2 cup mascarpone cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the pasta and cook until tender but still firm to the bite, stirring occasionally, about 8 to 10 minutes. Drain pasta reserving 1 cup of the cooking liquid.
- In a large, heavy skillet warm the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the sausage and onions. Using a wooden spoon break up the sausage into bite-sized pieces as it browns.
- Continue cooking until the sausage is golden and the onions are tender. Add the beans and oregano cook for 2 more minutes. Add the cup of pasta cooking liquid and stir, scrapping up any brown bits from the bottom of the pan. Add the mascarpone cheese and stir until it dissolved into a light sauce. Add the salt, pepper, and hot pasta. Stir until coated and serve.
- Variation: I also like to stir in some baby spinach with the mascarpone.
- Recipe courtesy Giada De Laurentiis
NotesRecipe courtesy Giada De Laurentiis
Variation: I also like to stir in some baby spinach with the mascarpone.
The Secret Life of Bees: Cooking Your Way Through College
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or Party
Favourites from Ana's Romanian KitchenSee More
Sauteed mushrooms with soybean pasteSee More