- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 25 cream filled cookies
- 3 cups flour
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 cup shortening
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 large eggs
- CHOCOLATE GLAZE:
- 1 (6 ounce) package semisweet chocolate
- 3 tablespoons shortening
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 tablespoon corn syrup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour a bundt pan or a 9" fluted pan.
- Cut each cookie into quarters. In large bowl, with mixer at low speed, beat flour and remaining ingredients except cookies and chocolate glaze until blended. Increase speed to high, beat 2 minutes, scaping bowl. Spoon about 3/4 cup batter into pan.
- Gently stir cup up cookies into remaining batter and spoon into same pan. Bake about 50 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched with finger (toothpick test won't work). Cool cake in pan on wire rack 10 minutes; remove from pan; cool on rack. When cake is cooled, prepare Chocolate Glaze.
- In 1 quart saucepan over low heat, heat chocolate chips, shortening, milk, and cornsyrup, stirring until melted and smooth. Place cake on rack over large plate to catch drips, then pour warm glaze over top and sides of cake
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Quick Breads, Muffins and Cakes...Oh My!
Brownies: Baking Outside the Box
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette StarbuckSee More
Honey and Walnut Wholemeal Bread
Zucchini Bread 2
The Best Potato Salad Ever!See More