- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time:
- For crust:
- 25 Oreo cookies, processed to crumbs
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- For filling:
- 32 ounces cream cheese, softened
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs, at room temperature
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 15 Oreo cookies, coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Grease the bottom and sides of a 9-inch springform pan.
- Combine the Oreo cookie crumbs and melted butter and mix until blended.
- Press the crust mixture evenly into the bottom of the pan and 2/3 up the sides.
- Refrigerate the crust while preparing the filling.
- Beat the cream cheese until smooth.
- Add the sugar and beat until light and fluffy.
- Mix in the flour.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Beat in the cream and vanilla.
- Pour half of the batter into the prepared crust.
- Sprinkle with half of the chopped Oreo cookies.
- Pour the remaining batter on top and smooth with a spatula.
- Garnish with the remaining chopped Oreos.
- Put the pan on a baking sheet and bake at 425°F for 15 minutes.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 225°F and bake for 1 hour.
- Cool the cheesecake to room temperature on a wire rack.
- Refrigerate until well chilled.
- Note: I sometimes crush the 15 Oreos for the filling and just mix them right into the batter rather than sprinkling them in the middle.
NotesI'm not sure where the original recipe came from since I got it several years ago. It's very similar to one that I found on www.cooks.com, but not exactly the same. Either way, thee cake is very tasty and has always gotten great reviews from my friends and family.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Favourites from Ana's Romanian Kitchen
Vegan Glass Jar Goodies
Desperate Housewives: Juicy Dishes & Saucy BitesSee More
Blue Cheese And Bacon Cheese Ball
matt's base red sauceSee More