- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryThis recipe comes from my friend Michelle and it is dee-lish! A very filling dessert and one that's sure to curb your sweet tooth and make your tummy very happy! I usually skip desserts that have peanut butter in them but I decided to try this one for the cookbook we are making for Joyce's family! Joyce loved peanut butter desserts and I wish she could try this one!
Make sure you are having company when you make this so you don't eat it all yourself! I sent 2 pieces to my mom and dad and my hubby and kids dug into this so I didn't have to worry about company! Great dessert!
- 1 (16.25 ounce) Chocolate cake mix plus ingredients on box to make cake
- 2/3 cups chocolate syrup
- 30 Oreo cookies, crumbled and divided
- 1 cup peanut butter (more or less to your taste)
- 1 (3.4 ounce) box chocolate pudding plus ingredients on box to make pudding
- 1 (8 ounce) tub Cool Whip
- Mix cake mix and ingredients on cake box. Add chocolate syrup and 1/2 of crumbled Oreo's and mix well into cake mix. Pour into sprayed 9x13 baking dish and bake according to cake box directions.
- Remove from oven and cool completely.
- Once cake is cooled, spread peanut butter over entire cake.
- Make chocolate pudding according to box directions. Let stand a few minutes until it starts to firm. Spread over peanut butter layer and let stand a few more minutes until firm.
- Spread Cool Whip on top of pudding and top with remaining crumbled Oreo's.
- Chill 2 hours or longer.