- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 lb Oreo cookies (3 sleeves)
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 lb milk chocolate
- Using a food processor, grind cookies to a fine powder.
- With a mixer, blend cookie powder, cream cheese and vanilla extract until thoroughly mixed (there should be no white traces of cream cheese).
- Roll into small balls and place on wax-lined cookie sheet.
- Refrigerate for 45 minutes.
- Line two cookie sheets with wax paper.
- In double-boiler, melt milk chocolate.
- Dip balls and coat thoroughly.
- With slotted spoon, lift balls out of chocolate and let excess chocolate drip off.
- Place on wax-paper-lined cookie sheet.
- Store in airtight container, in refrigerator.
NotesOne of the girls in my high school youth group made these for one of our bake sales and they were great! I added peppermint extract instead of the vanilla for a christmas treat!
DIY Tasty Gift Ideas
BakeSpace's Community Cookbook Live Demonstration at SXSW
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry 2013See More
Grilled Chicken and Orange Skewers with Zucchini Rice
Endive Rhubarb Salad
COTTAGE CHEESE BRUNCH BLINTZESSee More