- Cooking Time: 50
- Servings: serving size varies
- Preparation Time: 30
- 1 3/4 C organic chicken broth ( water is okay- but add 1 chicken flavored bouillon cube)
- 1 C quick cooking oats, uncooked
- 1/3 margarine, soften
- 3/4 C powder milk
- 1 egg, whisked
- 3/4 C cornmeal
- 3 C whole wheat flour
- Preheat oven 325F
- Bring broth (or water) to boil.
- In a large bowl pour broth and add oats, margarine (if using water add cube now)
- Let stand 5 minutes
- Stir in powder milk, egg and cormeal.
- Slowly add flour 1/2 C at a time.
- Knead for a few minutes until stiffen
- Roll to 1/2 inch thick, cut to desired shape.
- Back up to 50 mins or until golden brown. Cool until hard and crunchy.
NotesI am an avid, home baker and chef for my dogs. I want them to have the best for thier health.
Paul's Food World Volume 1
NFPG Recipe Collection
Easy Homemade Salad DressingsSee More
Dark Molten Chocolate Cakes
Shrimp and Penne Pasta Salad with Pesto, Bocconcini and Cherry Tomatoes
Turkey and Heirloom Tomato Frittata with BasilSee More