- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 pounds round steak
- 1 Tbsp. salad oil
- 2 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 tsp. white vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. celery salt
- 1 Tbsp. minced onion
- 1/2 tsp. powdered garlic
- Minute Rice
- 4-5 slices bacon
- chopped onion
- soy sauce
- Cut meat into 1 inch strips. Combine ingredients. Dip meat into soy sauce mixture. Let soak, the longer the better. Broil 4 inches from heat for 3 minutes. Turn meat. Broil meat 4-5 minutes longer.
- To prepare fried rice, make Minute Rice for four.
- Fry 4-5 slices bacon in pan. Chop into small pieces.
- Fry small amount chopped onion in bacon grease. Place rice on top and fry. Add soy sauce to rice..as much as taste requires.
- Sprinkle with bacon bits and place steak strips on top or the side. Serve.
NotesThis was one of the very first recipes I recieved when I was a new bride. We were living in base housing and a marine cook's wife shared it with me.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Have Your Cake and EAT IT TOO! Allergen-Free Desserts Everyone Can Enjoy
Delicious Breakfasts for Gluten-Free Kids!
Family and Friends Starter CookBookSee More
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Brownies
Peanut Butter Chocolate and Banana Chip Cookies
NO-BAKE CHEESECAKE PETIT FOURSSee More