- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 pounds round steak
- 1 Tbsp. salad oil
- 2 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 tsp. white vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. celery salt
- 1 Tbsp. minced onion
- 1/2 tsp. powdered garlic
- Minute Rice
- 4-5 slices bacon
- chopped onion
- soy sauce
- Cut meat into 1 inch strips. Combine ingredients. Dip meat into soy sauce mixture. Let soak, the longer the better. Broil 4 inches from heat for 3 minutes. Turn meat. Broil meat 4-5 minutes longer.
- To prepare fried rice, make Minute Rice for four.
- Fry 4-5 slices bacon in pan. Chop into small pieces.
- Fry small amount chopped onion in bacon grease. Place rice on top and fry. Add soy sauce to rice..as much as taste requires.
- Sprinkle with bacon bits and place steak strips on top or the side. Serve.
NotesThis was one of the very first recipes I recieved when I was a new bride. We were living in base housing and a marine cook's wife shared it with me.
TECHmunch Austin 2013 Food Blogger Community Cookbook
Eating for a Look Good Naked Fitness Life - time to feel good in your own skinSee More
Dark Molten Chocolate Cakes
Shrimp and Penne Pasta Salad with Pesto, Bocconcini and Cherry Tomatoes
Turkey and Heirloom Tomato Frittata with BasilSee More