ORIENTAL CABBAGE OR LETTUCE SALAD
Oriental Cabbage or Lettuce Salad
- Servings: 8 to 10
- 1 (1lb.) pkg. cabbage slaw mix or shredded lettuce
- 1 bunch green table onions, chopped and using part of the green
- 1 sm. bell pepper, chopped, I prefer red, yellow or orange because I like the milder
- 1/2 c. sugar
- 1/3 c. apple cider vinegar
- 2 pkgs. Ramen soup mix, chicken or beef flavor
- 1/4 c. olive oil
- 1 c. sunflower seeds
- 1 can black olives, sliced, optional
- 1c. slivered almonds, toasted, optional
- toasted sesame seeds, optional
To make the dressing, mix together sugar, olive oil, apple cider vinegar and the dry soup mix flavor packets from either chicken or beef soup. Blend well.
In large bowl toss together the cabbage or lettuce, green onions and chopped bell pepper and olives, if using.
Pour dressing over and toss well to coat. Refrigerate for a couple of hours.
Just before serving, break Ramen noodles up in small pieces and add to salad.
Sprinkle sunflower seeds, &/or slivered almonds &/or toasted sesame seeds.