- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 8 to 10
- Preparation Time:
- 1 (1lb.) pkg. cabbage slaw mix or shredded lettuce
- 1 bunch green table onions, chopped and using part of the green
- 1 sm. bell pepper, chopped, I prefer red, yellow or orange because I like the milder
- 1/2 c. sugar
- 1/3 c. apple cider vinegar
- 2 pkgs. Ramen soup mix, chicken or beef flavor
- 1/4 c. olive oil
- 1 c. sunflower seeds
- 1 can black olives, sliced, optional
- 1c. slivered almonds, toasted, optional
- toasted sesame seeds, optional
- To make the dressing, mix together sugar, olive oil, apple cider vinegar and the dry soup mix flavor packets from either chicken or beef soup. Blend well.
- In large bowl toss together the cabbage or lettuce, green onions and chopped bell pepper and olives, if using.
- Pour dressing over and toss well to coat. Refrigerate for a couple of hours.
- Just before serving, break Ramen noodles up in small pieces and add to salad.
- Sprinkle sunflower seeds, &/or slivered almonds &/or toasted sesame seeds.
NotesThis has got to be one of my favorite salads. I've never been a huge fan of sweet-sour. But this one is really very, very good!! I have used plain vinegar and veg. oil in this, but it is so much better using apple cider vinegar and extra virgin olive oil. It changes the whole taste and definitely for the better!! Besides, the cider vinegar and olive oil are better for you!! LOL Also, I like the chicken flavor better with cabbage and beef flavor better with lettuce! Can't tell you why, exactly!! I just do!! :O)
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Best of Brock: Celebrating 85 Years of Cooking
"Pretty Food" for the home ChefSee More
Edamame and Radish Slaw
Lisa Lovegood's Butterbeer Cake
Rustic Whole Wheat Garlic & Herb PizzaSee More