- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger or 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 8 skinless, boneless chicken thighs (about 1-1/4 pounds total)
- 1 teaspoon sesame seed
- Orange wedges (optional)
- For marinade, combine orange juice, soy sauce, sherry, ginger, and crushed red pepper; mix well. Cut chicken into thin strips. Thread chicken, accordion-style, onto wooden skewers. Place kabobs in a plastic bag set into a shallow dish. Add marinade; seal bag. Turn bag to coat kabobs well. Chill for 2 to 24 hours, turning bag occasionally. Remove kabobs from bag, reserving marinade.
- Grill kabobs on an uncovered grill directly over medium coals for5 minutes. Brush chicken with marinade; sprinkle with half of the sesame seed. Turn chicken and brush with marinade. Sprinkle with remaining sesame seed. Grill for 7 to 10 minutes more or until chicken is tender and no longer pink. Serve with orange wedges, if desired. Makes 4 servings.
- To grill by indirect heat: Arrange preheated coals around a drip pan in a covered grill. Test for medium heat above pan. Place chicken on grill over drip pan. Cover and grill for 15 to 18 minutes or until chicken is tender and no longer pink, brushing occasionally with marinade up to the last 5 minutes of grilling. Sprinkle with sesame seed after final brushing with marinade.
NotesThread the uncooked chicken on the skewers before you marinate the meat. At grilling time, simply drain the kabobs. Remember to save the soy and sherry marinade to brush over the kabobs halfway through grilling.
Recipe from Better Homes and Gardens