- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 cup salad oil
- 1/2 cup rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 3-ounce packages chicken-flavored ramen noodles
- 4 cups finely chopped cooked chicken
- 4 cups packaged shredded cabbage with carrot (coleslaw mix)
- 3/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- For dressing, in a small bowl whisk together oil, vinegar, sugar, red pepper, and contents of seasoning packets from ramen noodles.
- Set dressing aside.
- In a large saucepan cook ramen noodles in boiling water for 2 to 3 minutes or until just tender; drain.
- Transfer noodles to a large bowl.
- Pour 1/4 cup of the dressing over the cooked noodles; toss to coat.
- Add chicken, cabbage, almonds, and green onions to noodle mixture; mix well.
- Pour the remaining dressing over the salad; toss to combine.
- Cover and chill for 2 to 24 hours.
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette Starbuck
$30 Wine+Food Pairings
Sauce du Jour Culinary Institution: where every crazy chef gets a sharp knifeSee More
Sauteed mushrooms with soybean paste
Lamb Loin Chops with Mushroom Marsala SauceSee More