- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryI got this recipe from my mother...it makes a great side-dish for any summer meal! I like it even better the next day, after the dressing has softened the noodles.
1 bag pre-mixed coleslaw
2 packages Ramen noodles, chicken-flavored
1 c. each of sunflower seeds & cashews (unsalted is best)
- 1/2 c. sugar
- 1/3 c. vinegar (my mom likes apple cider vinegar, I prefer rice vinegar)
- 1/4 c. oil
- 1-2 Tbsp water
- Seasoning packets from ramen noodles
- Before opening, crush the ramen noodles in their packages. Pour crushed noodles into bowl with coleslaw mix & nuts.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together sugar, vinegar, oil, & the seasoning packets from the ramen noodles. Add water if needed to adjust consistency.
- Toss dressing together with salad mix and refrigerate.
- NOTE: The dressing will make the nuts soggy, so I find it best to add the nuts just before serving, or allowing people to add them themselves (in case of nut allergies, or just personal preference