- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 c. sugar
- 1/3 c. vinegar (my mom likes apple cider vinegar, I prefer rice vinegar)
- 1/4 c. oil
- 1-2 Tbsp water
- Seasoning packets from ramen noodles
- Before opening, crush the ramen noodles in their packages. Pour crushed noodles into bowl with coleslaw mix & nuts.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together sugar, vinegar, oil, & the seasoning packets from the ramen noodles. Add water if needed to adjust consistency.
- Toss dressing together with salad mix and refrigerate.
- NOTE: The dressing will make the nuts soggy, so I find it best to add the nuts just before serving, or allowing people to add them themselves (in case of nut allergies, or just personal preference
NotesI got this recipe from my mother...it makes a great side-dish for any summer meal! I like it even better the next day, after the dressing has softened the noodles.
1 bag pre-mixed coleslaw
2 packages Ramen noodles, chicken-flavored
1 c. each of sunflower seeds & cashews (unsalted is best)
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Best of GlutenFreeHappyTummy!
WorkingBug's Open House Cookbook
The Lizz Delicious Cookbook Vol. 1See More
Sweet Potato Pizza Dough
Grilled Summer Veggie Pizza
Zesty Italian ChickenSee More