1 cup slivered almonds, toasted
1 package chicken-flavored Ramen noodles with seasoning packet
1 package oriental-flavored Ramen noodles with seasoning packet
8 cups cabbage, shredded (the prepackaged stuff is convenient)
8 green onions, sliced
½ cup sesame seeds
½ cup vegetable oil
¾ cup cider vinegar
½ cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons white pepper
1. Prepare this dish early in the morning.
2. Toast almonds (added just before serving).
3. Crush Ramen noodles slightly in a colander then pour boiling water over them to soften slightly.
4. Combine softened noodles, cabbage, onions, and sesame seeds in a large bowl; toss lightly.
5. Combine oil, vinegar, sugar, salt, pepper & season packets in a measuring cup; whisk well. Pour over noodle and cabbage mixture, and toss well; chill in refrigerator for 6 to 8 hours, stirring 2 to 3 times).
6. Just before serving, add almonds and toss.