- Cooking Time: 20
- Preparation Time: 10
BackstoryI came across the recipe sometime ago somewhere on the web. I finally decided to try it but had a heck of a time trying to find canned plums!
I substituted ground turkey for the beef. I made the meatballs a little bigger than the recipe states, and I only got about 28.
After you remove the pan from the oven, let it sit a bit and the sauce thickens up. Very tasty.
- 1 pound ground beef, extra lean (Or turkey)
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs -- plain
- 1 whole egg
- 1 clove garlic -- minced fine
- 1 teaspoon ginger root -- minced fine
- 3 teaspoons green onions -- minced fine
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 15 ounces plums in syrup -- Purple plums in heavy sauce
- 1/2 cup chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Remove pits from plums.
- Place plums, juice from plums, chili sauce and Dijon mustard in a blender.
- Process until smooth.
- In a medium size bowl add ground beef (or turkey), bread crumbs, egg, garlic, ginger, green onions and soy sauce.
- Mix well.
- Shape meat into 64 3/4 to 1 inch meatballs. Place in a 13x9x2 inch pan.
- Cover with sauce.
- Bake in a 350 degree F oven for 20 minutes.