- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1/3 cup four
- 35-45 Nilla wafers
- 5-6 good sized bananas
- 4 eggs, separated at room temp
- 2 cups milk
- ½ tsp vanilla
- (reserve 1 banana and 10-12 Nilla wafers for garnish)
- Combine ½ cup sugar, flour, and salt in double broiler.
- Stir in 4 egg yolks and milk. Blend well. Cook uncovered over boiling water, stirring constantly until thickened. Reduce heat and cook, stirring occasionally for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat; add vanilla, spread small amount on bottom of 1 ½ qt. casserole dish.
- Cover with a layer of Nilla wafers.
- Top with layer of sliced bananas.
- Pour about 1/3 of custard over bananas continue to layer with wafers, bananas, custard to make 3 layer ending with custard.
- Beat egg whites until stiff, not dry.
- Gradually add remaining ¼ cup sugar and beat until stiff peaks form.
- Spoon on top of the pudding, spreading to cover entire pudding surface and sealing well to edges.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 5 minutes or until delicately browned.
- Cool slightly or chill just before serving.
- Garnish with reserved banana slices and Nilla wafers upright around the edge of the dish.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Happy Father's Day Day... Your Favorite Recipes
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)
Jean’s Recipe FileSee More
Super-Simple Snickers Pies
Cilantro Pork Tamales
PUmpkin Carrot Swirl BarsSee More