- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups (12-oz. pkg.) NESTLÉ TOLL HOUSE Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels (but you probably can use any type)
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl.
- Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Gradually beat in flour mixture.
- Stir in morsels and nuts.
- Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake for 9 to 11 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- PAN COOKIE VARIATION: Grease 15 x 10-inch jelly-roll pan.
- Prepare dough as above.
- Spread into prepared pan.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool in pan on wire rack.
- Makes 4 dozen bars.
- SLICE AND BAKE COOKIE VARIATION:
- Prepare dough as above. Divide in half; wrap in waxed paper.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour or until firm.
- Shape each half into 15-inch log; wrap in waxed paper.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375° F. Cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices; place on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- Makes about 5 dozen cookies.
- May be stored in refrigerator for up to 1 week or in freezer for up to 8 weeks.
- High Altitude Baking (5,200 feet):
- Increase flour to 2 1/2 cups.
- Add 2 teaspoons water with flour and reduce both granulated sugar and brown sugar to 2/3 cup each. Bake drop cookies for 8 to 10 minutes and pan cookie for 17 to 19 minutes.
- One reviewer said: "I use Splenda in place of sugar - even the chocolate chips dont seem to affect sugar levels too much. The taste w/ the sugar substitute is good - the cookies are a little powdery, but still good." (good idea)
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Angel Acres Holiday Dessert Cookbook
Camp Nubar Baking Class
Julie Tries ... Her Friends' RecipesSee More
Blue Collar Beer Cheese Dip
Banana Bread Bars with Brown Butter FrostingSee More