- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups (12-oz. pkg.) NESTLÉ TOLL HOUSE Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels (but you probably can use any type)
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl.
- Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Gradually beat in flour mixture.
- Stir in morsels and nuts.
- Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake for 9 to 11 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- PAN COOKIE VARIATION: Grease 15 x 10-inch jelly-roll pan.
- Prepare dough as above.
- Spread into prepared pan.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool in pan on wire rack.
- Makes 4 dozen bars.
- SLICE AND BAKE COOKIE VARIATION:
- Prepare dough as above. Divide in half; wrap in waxed paper.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour or until firm.
- Shape each half into 15-inch log; wrap in waxed paper.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375° F. Cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices; place on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- Makes about 5 dozen cookies.
- May be stored in refrigerator for up to 1 week or in freezer for up to 8 weeks.
- High Altitude Baking (5,200 feet):
- Increase flour to 2 1/2 cups.
- Add 2 teaspoons water with flour and reduce both granulated sugar and brown sugar to 2/3 cup each. Bake drop cookies for 8 to 10 minutes and pan cookie for 17 to 19 minutes.
- One reviewer said: "I use Splenda in place of sugar - even the chocolate chips dont seem to affect sugar levels too much. The taste w/ the sugar substitute is good - the cookies are a little powdery, but still good." (good idea)
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Secret of the Wings Cookbook
Adventures in Cooking
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for LunchSee More
Corn Fritters ( Sorullitos)
Mambo Pork Rolls with Sweet Potatoes
Red Lentil And Vegetable SoupSee More