- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 5 (8ounce) packages cream cheese, softened must be Philadelphia if you can
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 cup sour cream
- 4 eggs
- Bring all ingredients to room temperature (this helps to prevent cracking).
- MIX crumbs, 3 tablespoons sugar and butter;.
- press onto bottom of 9-inch springform pan. (using a hamburger press handle works great for this!).
- Bake at 325°F for 10 minutes.
- MIX cream cheese, 1 cup sugar, flour and vanilla with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended.
- Blend in sour cream. mix well
- Add eggs, 1 at a time, mixing on low speed after each addition, just until blended. Do not over mix!
- Pour over crust.
- Run a knife through to remove any air bubbles.
- BAKE 1 hour and 5 minutes to 1 hour and 10 minutes or until center is almost set. 325 °F for a silver springform pan 300 °F if using a dark nonstick pan
- Crack oven door open slightly and allow cheesecake to temper for about 30 minutes.
- Run knife around rim of pan to loosen cake;.
- Remove rim of pan.
- Refrigerate 4 hours or overnight. (This is a must!).
- Top with cherry pie filling and garnish, if desired.
- Variation, 1/3 cup seedless strawberry jam can be dropped in spoonfuls over the batter and cut through the batter several times for marble effect before baking.
- Variation #2 Cook above recipe and add 10 minutes before bake time ends. Mix 1 cup sour cream, 2 Tbsp sugar, and 1 tsp vanilla together and carefully spread over cheesecake and bake 10 minutes longer. When serving, top with mixed berries!
- Variation #3 Before serving, melt caramels in the microwave until smooth, stir in chopped pecans in desired and spoon on top of each slice.
- Variation #4 Before serving, Crush us peanut butter cups press lightly into top of cheescake and drizzle with chocolate syrup.
- Variation #5 Before serving, Cut cheesecake into cubes if desired, and drizzle with melted chocolate. Refrigerate for chocolate to harden
NotesI love cheesecake and make many different varieties, but this is my basic go to recipe. There are many variations around but this is the one I like best.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Secret of the Wings Cookbook
Adventures in Cooking
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for LunchSee More
Corn Fritters ( Sorullitos)
Mambo Pork Rolls with Sweet Potatoes
Red Lentil And Vegetable SoupSee More