- Cooking Time: 2 to 5 min.
- Preparation Time: 20 min.
- Sliced and separated Spanish onions
- Pan or bowl of water
- Pan or bowl of all purpose flour
- Pan or bowl of melted vanilla ice milk
- Pan or bowl of ground corn meal
- Cookie sheet for air drying
- Place above items on counter in order listed. Dip onion in water, then flour (shake off excess), dip in melted ice milk, then corn meal. Gently shake off excess and place on cookie sheet to air dry for at least 20 minutes.
- Fry until browned.
- Sifting the flour and corn meal once in a while keeps lumps out and makes it easier to coat the rings When placing on cookie sheets to save room, lean on top of each other to allow entire ring to dry.