- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups uncooked orzo
- 1 eggplant (about 1 pound) unpeeled
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 cups primavera-style spaghetti sauce
- 1 Tbsp. garlic
- 1 large tomato, cubed
- red pepper flakes to taste (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 cups shredded low0fat mozzarella cheese
- 3 Tbsp. parmesan cheese for garnish
- Preheat oven to 450. Grease a 2-3 qt. baking dish. Bring pot of lightly salted water to a boil over medium heat. Cook orzo according to directions. When just tender, drain, rinse and drain again. Set aside.
- Cube eggplant. Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. When hot, add eggplant and saute' for about 5 minutes. Add 1 cup sauce, garlic, tomato, red pepper flakes and salt and pepper. Continue cooking for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile scoop half the orzo into baking dish. Layer eggplant on top of orzo. Sprinkle eggplant with 2 cups mozzarella. Layer remaining orzo on cheese. Spread remaining cheese and 1 cup sauce on orzo.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until cheese melts and bubbles. Remove from oven and sprinkle with Parmesan. Serve hot
Angel Acres Thanksgiving Dinner Cookbook!
Vegan Glass Jar Goodies
Angel Acres Super Scrumptious Cookie Recipes!See More
Vanilla Caramel Nut Ice Cream Pudding (with salted caramel and hot chocolate sauce)
Candy Cane Fudge
Pancit PalabokSee More